Give thanks with a grateful heart…
In this week of Thanksgiving, hopefully, we can all think of things to be grateful for. But do you do so with a grateful heart, or do you do it because you just know you should or it’s expected of you?
Sometimes, that last part gets a little tricky. If you’ve lost your income, your home or a loved one, your focus may not be on gratitude. Even then, if you think about it, there are things to be thankful for.
This week, I am thankful for:
- A loving God who stands with arms wide open for me.
- A husband, who for 38 years has stood beside me, even through the storms.
- Four wonderful children and their children!
- A large family of brothers, sisters and cousins with whom I share, not only DNA, but much love.
- A family heritage that taught me work ethics and how to love well.
- A home that God has allowed us to be stewards of.
- Food on the table and growing nutritional knowledge of how to use it effectively.
- Oceans that can be reached within a couple of hours either way.
- And then there are the sunrises that I love SO much, by an artist that could only be God!
- Last, but definitely not least, HOPE. The hope of seeing my loved ones together again for eternity, and learning to die from this earthly world because of that hope.
To me, these things make any storms I may have to go through, worth it.
Philippians 4:7 King James Version (KJV) 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Happy Thanksgiving and as always,
In His light,