The building, now owned by New Song Community Church, was originally completed in 1893 as the Equity Baptist Church. It is the oldest church building in Lady Lake with an original operating bell.
Reverend A.E. Cloud was the minister then. Each family had a personal pew in the church and paid the church for its use. A short pew, in the back of the church, was reserved for the only Afro-American man who attended services. This pew has been preserved and can be seen at the Lady Lake Historical Museum.
New Song is affiliated with the Christian Missionary Alliance, which is “part of a Christ-centered more than 6 million strong. Our Acts 1:8 family—inspired by Jesus’ love and empowered by His Spirit—is passionate to bring the good news about Him to our neighborhoods and world.” http://www.cmalliance.org/